Re: Wow, eBay item. (car reg. year)

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Wow, eBay item. (car reg. year)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:14:28 -0800
>>>They revised the last smog laws and discarded a rolling 25 year old car
as except, and now it must me '65 or you must have year model working
pollution equipment and periodic inspections.<<<

Steve,
  Are you refering to Calif. smog laws? The reason I ask is I was just
reading the current So. Cal. AAA "Westways" magazine this morning (Jan./Feb
2005). Under "Legislative Updates"(page 16), "New laws for Mototist," "Smog
check for older vehicles" AB 2683 effective April 1, 2005 exempts cars
manufactured prior to 1976. Maybe they meant to say 1966 or you meant to say
1975? You are correct in the fact that they did away with the rolling
exemption. This likely will anger those with the few cars or trucks (Lil'
Red Express) of any distiction made in the late 70's.
Tom