Fantasy Island!!!Some

To: <Drmoonstone@aol.com>, <theo.smit@dynastream.com>,
Subject: Fantasy Island!!!Some
From: <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:01:33 -0500
"When all is said and done why do those that think of the Tiger as a failure
own them, not because of their escalating values or for financial gain. One
must define success and have all in the conversation agree that the definition
is correct before the successful/failure label can be placed.

In my minds eye many of those on this list are failures as I am to them (no
insult intended). I enjoy my car and that's all that matters.

Thanks Theo, you always state things clearly enough that even the......(fill
in with word of your choice).........can understand."

Some people on this list have very thin skins.  They like to call names when
someone says something they don't like.

These same people on this list seem to think this is Fantasy Island:  "De
plane boss, De plane!!"  Or maybe: "De car boss, De car!!"

 First we have the  "under valued classic car",  then the "Shelby Tiger",  now
the awsome race car!      I have a suggestion, enjoy the car for what it is
and accept it.

 Facts are facts and no amount of spinning the the truth can make it come out
the way you want.  The racing record does  show the Tiger did not have the
success that the Alpine had. On the other hand, it won a few races and had
class wins but no championship.

I don't recall anyone calling the Tiger  a failure other than Dr. Moon.    I
enjoy driving the Tiger but I don't pretend it is something it is not.

                   Keepin' cool,

                        Jeff

  On the same note, the top performing Tigers were raced in fewer races due to
the cost of transportation, time, financial and human resources. For a car
that saw limited competition it's record is one of success. The fact that it
won the championship in 1999 only helps solidify the success of the Tiger.
That Chysler in their infinite wisdom did all it could to limit the Tigers
success might also be factored into the concept of "success."

  When all is said and done why do those that think of the Tiger as a failure
own them, not because of their escalating values or for financial gain. One
must define success and have all in the conversation agree that the definition
is correct before the successful/failure label can be placed.

  In my minds eye many of those on this list are failures as I am to them (no
insult intended). I enjoy my car and that's all that matters.

  Thanks Theo, you always state things clearly enough that even the......(fill
in with word of your choice).........can understand.

  Moonstone