Re: Fantasy Island!!!Some

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fantasy Island!!!Some
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:11:31 -0800
 Being the owner of such motoring finery as a 1963 Rambler American and a
1961 Corvair station wagon I can state that those guys all have
proclamations of how fabulous these cars are. Some of it is based on one
finite point (AMC offered a flat head until 1965..., by gosh!!!) or the fact
that their air cooled car dosen't have a radiator cap!!!
 The bottom line is some see Tigers as poor British engineering, rust
buckets, impossible to get at parts, Cobra want-a-bee's, overpowered (for
the chassis) and underpowered compared to the stock offerings of similar
sized engines etc..
 On the other hand some see the Tiger as a refined sports car (for its day),
a unique and rare configuration (small two seater, V-8 power), a MAN's - MAN
of a challenge for repair/maintenance (meaning: not everyone can deal with
it.., but I CAN!) and to them the Tiger IS a Cobra for a man who thinks with
his hands and not his wallet (respects to any Cobra owners on the list. I am
generalizing).
 To some failure is winning all but one race, to others success is finally
winning that one trophy/ribbon for third place. Opinions are subjective. Is
"enhanced" truth a lie, or "self" (though it carries over to everyone)
denigration a broad insult? "If onlys," and "only becauses" are not strong
evidence for stating a case. Reality is not speculation. Remember in the end
we are in this together as owners of Tigers. So, regardless of our opinions
we do have a common vested interest. Well.., enough of playing Doctor Phil.
 The other side of me is entertained by all this. Until I see how Coddington
deals with Charlie leaving tonight this has been great filler.
Boys arguing about their Toys - it's soap operas for men!

Tom Witt
 (content is provided for amusement only, void where prohibited by law, some
restrictions may apply, characters are fictitious, no animals were harmed in
the writing of this post, those with heart problems should consult their
doctors before reading etc.)

> "When all is said and done why do those that think of the Tiger as a
failure
> own them, not because of their escalating values or for financial gain.
One