Re: # 8 sparkplug

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: # 8 sparkplug
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:51:05 -0500
One way to make spark plug changes easier, is to clean up the treads.
Use a tread chase, with grease to hold the carbon, dirt, etc., then turn
the engine over with the spark plugs removed, to help blow out the
hole.  Use anti seize paste on the plugs and you will find that they not
only go in easier, but come out the next time easier.

I have found it easier for me, to pull the steering column out, to get
access to the plugs.  not all that hard as it is one bolt to hold the
steering to the universal joint, several connections at the dash and it
pulls out of the way.

I also use platinum plugs, for longer life.

Larry