RE: Brake Fluid!!

To: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Fluid!!
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:41:00 -0800 (PST)
TJ- the gentelman has an excellent point, the steel
lines might be bad. Perhaps one of our engineers could
figure how much pressure the steel lines indure and
with a few fittings and a gauge the lines could be
pressure tested using a compressor or better yet a
master cylinder and brake fluid.One might need a check
valve to maintain pressure but it doesnt sound
impossible to make. Perhaps there are other ways to
test steel brake lines. On the other side, what is the
cost of s complete set of new steel brake lines- has
anyone purchased a set during a recent restoration?
Its hard to imangine the line rusting from the inside
out BUT we all know water does get oin the syestem on
ocassion, so it would be a possibility a line might
rust from the inside. I think a good examination and a
wire brush on a bench grinder would show what might be
a potenial for a leak from the outside.Does anyone
know if stainless lines are available and from whom?
Cheers, TTT

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250