RE: Brake Booster(servo)

To: <Caseyh4312@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Brake Booster(servo)
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:25:56 -0500
Joey
        If you step on the pedals and they are as hard as a rock, STOP, and
start rebuilding the cylinders and the system.  If the pedals move then you
can bleed them or just let the old fluid drain out by opening the bleeder
valves.   If the fluid is black that means it has absorbed water and is
useless, it also means most or all of the seals are probably bad and
everything need to be rebuilt.   As I stated before I would leave the
booster alone, flush some new brake fluid through it and hope for the best
right now.

You can not use a standard brake hone on aluminum cylinders.   Aluminum
cylinders need to have an almost mirror finish inside to work correctly.
If any of the cylinders are pitted inside they need to be replaced; the
other fix for this is to have the cylinders sleeved which requires a machine
shop.

Ron Fraser