Re: water pump hub

To: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>, "'TM'" <strombec@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: water pump hub
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:25:50 -0800
I bought an Edelbrock hi flow water pump to cure some overheating problems.
I pressed the hub onto the shaft far enough to line up the pulleys. Then I
machined a cylindrical spacer. 1 inch od 5/8 id.  I slipped that onto the
shaft and stuck the pulley on.

If you buy the Fairmont pulley that some guy sells on ebay periodically, you
can delete the spacer and just stick the pulley on after pressing the hub to
the correct distance.

The pulley is sweet. It is about 10 percent smaller in diameter so the fan
runs faster. It has a second v belt groove so you could run power steering
or AC if you were so inclined.

Erich