Re: heat at speed

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heat at speed
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:00:51 -0700 (PDT)
See below for some thoughts to the questions listed. Also, echoing a
previous reply, modern performance cars have more HP and more crowded
engine bays, yet suffer none of the classic overheating issues of the
Tiger or my Jensen Interceptor (or others)... I believe the biggest
improvements have come from good engineering in the form of air flow
management, combined with the high temp testing to verify the
performance.

Stephen Waybright

--- Drmoonstone@aol.com wrote:
Here's a question for the discussion;

Q: why don't we have water pumps that increase the velocity of the flow
3 or 4 fold?
A?: I'd guess that's a lot of wasted energy (power/fuel economy) for
the majority of the time when it's not needed.

Q: and why not remove the stat? In the Central Valley, being to cold is
never the problem so why not just remove the stat?
A?:  I'd say abnormal cylinder wear and extended cold running
performance degradation, since it would take a lot longer for the block
to come up to normal operating temperature... unless your ambient air
temp is 160+????

Yahoo! Mail