Re: Stubbie oil filter

To: "Chris Mottram" <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stubbie oil filter
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:52:50 -0500
Chris and Crew. A few girlfriends back I dated the service manger of a Ford
dealershp. It was rather rapidly she showed me the difference in oil
filters. They had taken several different brand filters and using a band
saw, cut them in half vertically. I dont remember all the brands but the
best and the worst stuck well. Motercraft by far had much more filtering
capasity than the other filters, I think there where six and when I saw the
Fram, I was speechless, you may as well run your used Motorcraft as install
a Fram, they have the least ammount of all the other brands. So Chris, if
you can cross reference the filter you use to a Motorcraft, Im sure it will
provide more miles before the oil looks like it needs changed. Many things
play into how long it takes oil to break down and I personally use the "look
and see" method, especialy when using the half filter you've mentioned. I
think I have another brand the same size, I will look for it and post the
name and number, I will also revisit the dealership and see if they still
have the display and post the names and the ammount of filtering material
for each. I had a half filter on a 64 Mk1 w/ stock exhaust manifolds but
headers on the 65 make the small filter impossible to install, otherwise, I
rather use the smaller filter and change oil more often as mess with the
stock remote setup. Im sure others have a newer and better remote syestem, I
would be interested in reading info on the brand and if you run headers as
well.

Cheers, TTT