Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem

To: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:57:13 -0700
I have a Canton adapter in beautiful unused condition. For sale cheap!
That's because the Canton adapter would not come close to fitting behind my
headers.
I bought the adapter from Dale A.  It is a beautiful piece of workmanship
and very thin. (Not as thin as stock tho).  I had to dimple my headers
slightly to clear Dale's adapter.
I have no idea who made my headers but the number 1 pipe runs down really
close to the block.
My oil filter is remote mounted in the drivers wheel well just behind the
head light bucket.
I used Earls AN fittings and SS braided hoses to connect things up.
The previous owner had installed the remote filter.  He was using the stock
block adapter and some home brew power steering type hoses to connect.  The
flare fittings had been over torqued and did not seal well anymore. That is
what motivated me to change.

Erich