Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem

To: Bruce McGuire <b_mcguire@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:02:29 -0600
Been there, done that. The extra 1/4 turn (or maybe it was a little
more, I forget exactly) means you take 0.015" off the face of the
adapter, but without jigging it all up on a mill or lathe, you can't cut
the O-ring groove any deeper. The rubber doesn't have any place to go,
and it doesn't really compress very much,  Maybe mine just had a stress
riser, maybe I cranked it on too hard... I torque the thing up, it sits
there for about two seconds in the proper orientation as I gaze at it in
satisfaction, and then it goes 'pop' onto the garage floor.

I was lucky. If you're not lucky, like a buddy of mine, then it goes
'pop' as you enter a turn just off the back straight at your local
track, and you spray down a whole bunch of Mobil-1 where the marshals
can't see it.

Curtis Fisher remarked that he had the Canton adapter, but he didn't say
what kind of headers... can you fill us in Curtis?

Theo