Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>, Bruce McGuire <b_mcguire@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem
From: 65Tiger@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 04:29:48 +0000
The Canton filter easily clears the CAT headers on my 5.0 engine.

Been there, blown that up too.  when I installed the original remote adaptor
onto my NEW motor for its FIRST start,
I gave it a little more turn to "align the adaptor output" to where I wanted it.
when I started the motor, it ran for about 30 seconds and puked the adaptor
and oil onto my neighbor (I caught this all on video too )
Then for the next stroke of luck, I went down to the local speed shop and
had to order another adaptor....  It came 3 days later and I installed it and
"tightened" it up.  Started the motor and OIL EVERYWHERE.  How lucky
can you be?  The adaptor was tight, but not straight.  In fact the pipe thread
into the filter was about 10 degrees off perpendicular and only one side of the
adaptor was sealed to the block.  I had my machinist chuck it up, true up the
face and turn the o-ring groove back to spec.  Installed it and it was fine.

I was never comfortable with how the spin tight adaptors aligned so I
replaced it with the Canton PN #22-595 Ford applications with 3/4-16 Thread & a
2-5/8" standard seal.  The CAT #5 header is angled slightly back and clears the
adaptor easily.

Curtis