Re: Gas smell, manual PLUS Thanks again to Rick McLeod

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <fastsage@cox.net>, <dadaruso@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Gas smell, manual PLUS Thanks again to Rick McLeod
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:46:09 -0600
I've mentioned it before, but for those that joined the list since then...
when I disassembled the fuel system in my Tiger I found that someone
inadvertently drilled a hole through the upper crossover hose when they were
installing the lift-the-dot fasteners for the soft top. The hose routing
probably makes this a near-miss (or near-hit?) scenario on any SV Alpine or
vinyl boot Tiger.

Tom Hall also mentioned at some point that there is a ventilation (?) hole
or sheetmetal gap on each side of the car, from under the rear-seat shelf to
the rear quarterpanel area (in front of the rear wheels). If this is open,
then you can definitely suck all kinds of nasty fumes in.

Best regards,
Theo