RE: Front crossmember

To: <lgooch@satx.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front crossmember
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:28:28 -0400
        There is a slight difference between UNF threads and SAE fine
threads and your 1/2" - 20 tap has now change the threads to SAE fine.   The
UNF bolt will now feel loose in those threads.    Since you changed to an
SAE bolt, there is no problem as long as you stay with the SAE bolt.

        I do not have a set of UNF tap and die so I use UNF bolts as taps.
I just use a Dremel tool to cut flutes down the length of the bolt threads
and then run that bolt through to clean the threads.   You really should use
UNF bolts in the cleaned threads, but I have also used the UNF bolt tap to
clean the threads and then used SAE bolts.

Ron Fraser