RE: Front crossmember

To: "'Lewis Gooch'" <lgooch@satx.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front crossmember
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:25:34 -0400
Lewis
        There is only a slight angle of the threads difference between
Unified and SAE threads.   If you use a Unified bolt as the tap and then
thread an SAE bolt in your ok; there is only a slight bit of interference
and the torque will fall within the range.   If you thread a Unified bolt
into an SAE nut; it will feel loose and you can torque the bolt but it is
not the best scenario for a critical part attachment.   The best way is to
use Unified with Unified and SAE with SAE.

  I have 2 old catalog; Metric and Multistandard Components Corp and
Manhattan Supply Company which both list British and Unified standards.   I
think they are still around and they both carried bolts and tap and die
parts.   I'm sure there are others.

Ron Fraser