Re: rear torque steer problem

To: Thomas Prager <tcprager@hotmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear torque steer problem
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
The torque arm replaces the traction masters. The hard braking issue
with torque arms is valid, but minimized with proper design. My Griggs
Racing multilink rear suspension uses a torque arm and works fine. The
traction masters compromise suspension compliance far too much compared
to a torque arm. I'd go with Dan's setup if I were you.

Another interesting option if you can have the fabrication done, are
Caltrac Traction Bars. See
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html. for some info.

Stephen Waybright

http://66.175.58.218/tech/Rear_Spring_Mount_Tip.pdf<http://66.175.58.218/tech
> /Rear_Spring_Mount_Tip.pdf>
>

>   I have weld-on traction masters installed and will this have an
> effect on
> the recommended reinforcement?  Also I am interested in buying a Dan
> Walters
> torque arm. Does the torque arm replace the traction masters or will
> it work
> in conjunction? A friend on the Tiger list said under hard braking
> the torque
> arm can make the rear end seem very light. What are the pros and
> cons?
>
> Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
>

> tom prager
> 9472154