Re: rear torque steer problem

To: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: rear torque steer problem
From: 65Tiger@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:00:08 +0000
I can vouch for how much damage the weld on traction masters (LAT-5)
have caused to my Tiger.  The geometry is plain wrong.  When the leaf is
compressed upwards, the force is restricted by the traction master.
Normally as the leaf moves up the rear shackle moves back as the
leaf is flattened.  The traction bar holds the axle at a fixed distance from the
frame welded attachment.  Really bad news for leaf bushing and frame
attachment points.  That was (unfortunately) my car with the separated
attachment points (since corrected with extremely robust reinforcements).
The Caltrac traction bar looks almost identical to the LAT-5 except the
forward pivot point is closer to the leaf eye and may actually correct the
geometry and eliminate the bind.  I've heard nothing but good about Dans
torque arm and am going to install it (next winters project).

Curtis

btw: the traction bars do WORK GOOD for traction