Re: not really Tiger related

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Frank P. Marrone"
Subject: Re: not really Tiger related
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:37:07 -0700
Frank,
  I have the T-5 in my '88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe. The manual (non-factory)
states to use ATF, but if it is noisy to use 90w. I believe it also
mentioned that it could cause hard shifting.  I have the ATF in it with
149,000 miles and in neutral it sounds like I'm churning pebbles. However,
once in gear and underway it is quiet. It has been this way since I got it
at 94,000 miles.
 Years ago the racing Datsun 510's used a 50-50 mixture of 90w and ATF. My
friend used it in his 510 starting back in the mid 70's. The tranny is still
functioning rather well (my car - now).
Tom Witt