RE: Headers

To: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Headers
From: "Fisher, Curtis" <Curtis.Fisher@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:51:34 -0700
I purchased the expensive Earl's metal gaskets and used them on my
aluminum heads. Perfect seal. After a very short time I removed the
motor and made some changes and put it back together.  I had some
horrendous exhaust leaks that sounded like internal motor noises.  By
luck, the noises were identified (without pulling the motor) and I
replaced them with regular Mr. Gasket parts.
Lesson 1, never reuse even good looking gaskets

Curtis