Re: Headers

To: <65Tiger@comcast.net>, <PhastPhill@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headers
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:28:28 -0500
Phil- I dont know if it will work for anyone else but I did away with header
bolts. I bought stainless steel allen head bolts. Much easier to get an
allen wrench socket on than a socket or end wrench. There are a couple I had
to use a regular allen wrench and a box end wrench to torque them with but
most are easily tightened with an allen head socket and ratchet and I havent
had to retirque them but once, after the inatial first long drive and that
got them good and hot and they tightened a bit more. I used a bit of
antisieze as Im running cast heads. If you have aluminum heads you may want
some locktite. Theo could advise the best for aluminum I think. Good luck.
TTT