Re: Paxton in a Tiger

To: BOBCARNUT@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paxton in a Tiger
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 17:11:59 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/2005 1:13:51 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
BOBCARNUT@aol.com writes:

Added  under
hood heat not much of a factor because no added exhaust plumbing  needed like
in
a turbocharger setup.

No, but added pressure=more heat...so, in any hard use, you'll end up with
drastically higher under hood temps, power fade and, ultimately, head gasket
issues. That's why most all of the open track Shelby club guys no longer run
superchargers (even with intercoolers fitted) on track cars. If all I  wanted
was to blast through the gears once in a while, a supercharger would be  fun,
but for how I use my Tiger, it doesn't make sense, to me. YMMV