Re: Looking for a Roll Bar

To: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a Roll Bar
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:52:07 -0800
Chris, just using your reply to throw my 2 cents into the thread..

Well, if the roll bar is pretty much for the car in normal daily
driving, and not SCCA competetion, then I would hazard a guess that ANY
roll bar in a Tiger would be helpful. In a race car, you have some
serious shoulder straps to help keep you upright and not bouncing around
so yeah,  I  want the bar to be taller than my noggin. But for street,
the CAT type roll bar or as I modified mine a long time ago with a bar
to the front passenger floor would be pretty acceptable. I am pretty
seure that the windshield fram wont do a thing for you in a roll over.
So something is far better than nothing.  As to the legal bars, one of
the guys I pal around with here has a stable full of Cobras and he races
them and the required roll bar/cage is pretty awful looking. So if ya
want an SCCA bar, better get the rule book and look to see what is
really required. For street..anything helps. I would be more afraid of
coming out of the car and having it jump on me... Or you could build
something like in the WFS(W)...

mayf, ou tin PAhrump...