Fulcrim Pin failure senario (your input helpful)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fulcrim Pin failure senario (your input helpful)
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:25:17 -0700
 Curiosity is getting the best of me.  For those who have had a pin failure I
would like to collect the data as to how that occurred. It would be helpful to
me if the information referred to the driver and passenger sides (assuming
left hand drive) and left and right sides were referred to from the driving
position.
 Here are some thoughts on information you could provide from a broken pin (or
even a bent pin - please state so if only bent):

1.   Direction of travel (forward, backward)
2.   Rate of speed
3.   Turning -if so- (left, right)
4.   If turning (sharp or mild)
5.   Did break occur during braking
6.   Does Tiger have wider than stock tires
7.   Does Tiger have different wheel offset than stock
8.   Does Tiger have different bushings than stock
9.   Did the break occur when the Tiger stuck something
10. Did break occur in the upper or lower pin
11. Did break occur at the front or back of the pin
12. Did break inward or outward
13. Is Tiger used in competition (thus generating higher than normal
stresses)
14. Mileage on Tiger
15. Anything else you would like to add

 Even though it has been stated that "every pin will eventually fail" the fact
remains that some have and others have not. Perhaps there could be
contributing factors that accelerate the process that can be determined. Like
my "age" survey I'll give this a few weeks and then post my findings.  Thanks
to all who choose to participate. You may help save a life!
Regards, Tom Witt