Re: Fulcrim Pin failure senario (your input helpful)

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Fulcrim Pin failure senario (your input helpful)
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:34:03 -0700
Thom,

Personally, I have been fortunate.  However to answer your questions
with the many failures that have been reported:

1) Most broke while in reverse! (backward motion from parking)
2) Slow
3) Turning both right and left when backing out near full lock, slow speed
4) SHARP turns

Exceptions seem to be seen in many other maneuvers, but could have been
a delayed full crack from the reverse sharp back out overload.  Geometry
and pin design NOT compatible with loads in reverse lock.

Hope this helps.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman