Ordering Parts, Soft Top & Interior Questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ordering Parts, Soft Top & Interior Questions
From: Sheldon Enns <senns32@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:37:21 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone,

My dad and I picked up a Tiger Mk I last Sept in Portland, OR. We managed to
drive it almost all the way back to Winnipeg, MB Canada before we suffered a
wheel bearing failure, a roughly 1,700 mile trip. Not bad considering the car
had only been driven about twice a year for the previous 10 years. Anyway,
we've been slowly pulling it appart and prepping it for a proper restoration.
The time has now come to start ordering parts.

My questions are as follows:

We have priced out both Sunbeam Specialties and Victoria British for suspension
and steering parts. For the most part SS seems to have better pricing on parts,
but VB is cheaper on the rubber parts. Who would you recommend? Is there a
difference in quality? I.e. The front spring eye bushing is $24.50 from SS but
only $8.95 from VB. How can VB be so much cheaper on the rubber than SS?

The seats are shot. Would you recommend SS parts or should we be going with
someone else? Do you know what would be the correct pattern? Longhorn or Pebble?

We will be replacing the carpet, does anyone know the correct material? Loop or
Fuzzy Pile?

We are also looking at getting a new soft top. Again, is SS the route to go or
is there someone better? What would be the correct pattern? Pinpoint or
Crushgrain?

Thank you all for your time,

Sheldon Enns
B9471704 LRXFE