RE: Ordering Parts, Soft Top & Interior Questions

To: "'Sheldon Enns'" <senns32@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ordering Parts, Soft Top & Interior Questions
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:21:15 -0500
Sheldon
        I have purchased parts From VB; some were good, some were OK, and
some were poor in my opinion.   Personally I only purchase parts from VB
when they have a sale and with the full knowledge that the parts might be
wrong.

   I would purchase parts from SS or Curt and if you join CAT you can
purchase from their parts list.

CAT parts list  http://www.catmbr.org/parts06.htm

Some of the questions about interior and soft top are answered in SS online
catalog; mostly it depends on the car's number.

See convertible top and upholstery sections,
http://www.rootes.com/catalogindex.html

I believe all the Sunbeam convertible tops are made by Robbins.   It took
Rick of SS and Tiger Tom years to get Robbins to produce the correct top for
Sunbeams.   The original top Robbins produced for Sunbeams was wrong in a
couple of key areas.

The rest is up to your personal taste for upholstery, top material and
carpets.

It is your car, build it the way you want it.

Keep asking the list questions; we are here to gladly help

Ron Fraser