Re: Ordering Parts, Soft Top & Interior Questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Sheldon Enns <senns32@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ordering Parts, Soft Top & Interior Questions
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:57:15 -0600
Sheldon:

I also echo Theo's suggestion.  Both Rick and Richard at Sunbeam Specialties
know what they are talking about and their parts are second to none.  Curt at
Classic Sunbeam is also an excellent source of correct parts as well.  I have
found him to also be very knowledgeable, especially when it comes to
originality questions.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either SS or CSAP.  However, please heed
the warning...STAY AWAY FROM VB!  I have always found their parts to be much
more generic and generally of poorer quality than the other two suppliers.  The
only thing that I've bought from VB that I like is their nice carpet floor mats
with either "Alpine" or "Tiger" stitched into them; not original but very nice.
 Probably the best way to put is if close is good enough for you, then VB is
okay.  If you want an accurate restoration with parts that are right and that
fit properly, SS and/or CSAP is where you need to go.

My two cents worth,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE