Re: [Tigers] Tiger Magazine Article

To: "Tigers@Autox. Team. Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Magazine Article
From: Gary Crandall <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 22:45:16 -0700 (PDT)
A number of years ago I noticed a car under a cover in a garage down the street
from my son's best friend. Being a car guy, I had always wondered what was
under there. A couple of years ago, my son and his friend were walking by that
house and the garage door was open with the car covered. They asked the owner
what was under the car cover. He was a little hesitant to tell them and kind of
played with them until they guessed what it was. He wanted to see if they knew
their cars.

  My son came home immediately and said, " Dad, you've got a new best friend in
the neighborhood." We went back over and It turned out to be an original '65
289 Cobra. My new best friend, Marv, bought the car in 1968. It was his daily
driver for over 20 years. I turned him on to Mike McCluskey, world famous Cobra
restorer, who was a high school friend of Buck Tripple and Jack Hubke, both
Tiger owners. 2 years ago Marv had his slabside Cobra restored to mint
condition for a tidy some. The best part is he drives it on the street almost
every weekend. He's my kind of guy, besides, Marv says, the value of a Cobra is
in the pink slip and the vin number and McCluskey can build one from scratch.
So, yes, there are Cobra owners who actually drive their cars on the street.

  GC