Re: [Tigers] Any truth to this commotion thing?

To: bobdixon@frii.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Any truth to this commotion thing?
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:54:46 EDT
I get a  lot of "A friend/relation of mine had one, it was really fast
until he  wrecked it".

I had a guy approach me in the parking lot of Home Depot.   Talked about the
car and said that he had one years ago and his friend did  too.  Said when he
wanted something else he sold his car to the friend  and as far as he knew,
the friend still had both of them stored in a barn behind  his business. I
figured it might be a wild goose chase, but the place was only  about an hour
away.
 When I went to the business I met the friend's wife  and asked her about the
Tigers.  She said one must have been sold before  she met her husband. The
other did sit in the barn for years, but was sold about  10 yrs. ago and was
all
rusted out.  She didn't know any more about  it.  Who it was sold to or for
how much.
Too bad because the original guy I talked with said his came with a  289 so
I'm guessing it was a MKll.
Anyway, my hopes of a "barn find" were dashed.  Who could  resist looking
into it;-)
Mark