Re: [Tigers] fan belts!

To: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] fan belts!
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 21:36:33 -0600
The shorter belt would be accounted for by the alternator... it has a
smaller drive pulley (I think) and is probably also mounted closer
inboard than the 260's generator. You are definitely best off using the
shortest belt you can get on there, because the further outboard you
tilt the generator, the more likely it will wipe out something important
like the brake light switch or its connections.

When I changed over to an alternator I measured the belt I had (too
long) and then took it to the auto parts store and bought the next two
shorter sizes, just to be sure I'd get one that fit within the
adjustment range I had.

Cheers,
Theo