Re: [Tigers] 1967 Tiger on ebay

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <VegasLegal@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 1967 Tiger on ebay
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 09:54:19 -0600
I guess like many of the people here, I am very glad to see a rusted tiger
that was restored, rather than used as an Alger conversion.  Of course the
price and the missing pieces is bothersome.  I just hope that someone new to
the community doesn't strike a bargain on the car for a few $ less than his
asking price and then find out later it was only worth 1/2 his asking price.

After having tried my hand at amateur auto refinishing as a kid when the
only thing I could afford to do was fix things myself, I have to admire the
time and skill that goes into doing the body work right.  I wish I had that
kind of skill, because I think I would be more adventurous in taking on
projects where investing a lot of sweat equity would yield a nice car with a
lower amount of investment in cash, and a high investment of time and self
labor.  As it is though, I don't believe it is possible to buy a car in that
kind of shape cheap enough that you could afford to pay someone to do all
that work and not have a car that cost twice what it would have been to just
find a cleaner example starting car to begin with.

Just curious, anyone have any guesses on how many body shop hours would be
needed to restore a tiger needing this much work, and how much that would
cost?

Steve