Re: [Tigers] 1967 Tiger on ebay

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 1967 Tiger on ebay
From: vegaslegal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:03:30 -0400
Wow, you guys are brutal.? Having gone through, and currently going through, a
lot of stuff on a similar car, its a pretty good job, albeit over priced (but I
like that if it sells).

It is pretty clear to me that what you are looking at is a car that was
picked-up by the restorer after someone had already done (attempted) an
interior restoration.? While the interior is somewhat dirty, in?comparison with
the rest of the car the seats, carpet, dash, and soft pieces?all appear
new.??Indicative of this further are the fact that the lower door pulls were
not reinstalled with the new interior (before pictures)?and the center counsel
cover is not an original configuration.

I also suspect that the interior was originally red.? Pointedly, the red
interior cars that keep popping up are all?Color Code 1 (black)?MK1a's.? From
the time I got mine I have been told that there were no such cars, then someone
advertised that their's was the only one, then another and another?showed up,
then there's mine.? All are Code 1.

The bumper problem results from misinstalled bracket spacers.? An easy fix.

As to the mileage being original, if that car was driven through three winters
in its climate that is exactly how the engine bay and the balance of the car
would look after forty years and 25k.? Its also exactly how it would look after
forty years and 125k.? Considering the rust through, etc., the "original"
mileage is not that important on that car anyway.

IMHO