Re: [Tigers] Tigrt 260 blocks

To: "Clyde McLaughlin" <clydemclaughlin@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigrt 260 blocks
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:05:07 -0700
According to the Tom Monroe book on rebuilding small blocks, the early 221s
and 260s had two freeze plugs a side, and 6 inches between motor mount hols,
later ones had three freeze plugs and 7 inches between motor mount holes No
mention about which ones found their way into Tigers.

Interesting coincidence:. The original displacement of the small block
pushrod V8 (221 cu ins) is the same as the flathead Ford V8 of the thirties.
Somebody at Ford must have been sentimental.