Re: [Tigers] Tigrt 260 blocks

To: mmichels@socal.rr.com, clydemclaughlin@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigrt 260 blocks
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:42:06 EDT
Most Tiger engines were made in Windsor Canada at the Ford
Industrial Engine Works.  They were industrial blocks and had
three freeze plugs.  For passenger engines were made elsewhere
and had two freeze plugs.

Uncle Henry had already converted to making the 289 so he
decided to have Windsor make the small run of 260's.  Cheaper
that way.

Easy was to tell the engines apart.  Pull a head.  The 289  has
4 inch pistons and the 260 does not.  Use a ruler to measure.
If it has two freeze pluygs, its not a Tiger motor.  If it has
three, and small pistons, its a Tiger motor.If it has three
and 4 inch pistons it maybe a MK II 289 but more than
likely a standard 289.

In a message dated 7/29/2008 12:05:53 A.M. Central Daylight Time,