[Tigers] Hood scoop and cooling holes

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>
Subject: [Tigers] Hood scoop and cooling holes
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:37:00 -0400
"I don't know what the pressure area is where the hood meets  the cowl in
front of the windshield, but if I leave my hood propped open about  an inch I
don't see much difference at all in engine temperature. So it  makes me wonder
how
much air is escaping."

You may want to try a hood on the lines of the "Super Tiger" hood that is in
the TBON.  The scoop is reversed to pick up the high pressure air located by
the windshield.  .   When stopped, the opening would vent hot air out of the
engine compartment and  while in motion it would have a ram-air affect for the
carb.   I've seen these turn up on Ebay every once in a while.  Someone may
have made a small run of this style hood back in the day.

 What ever happened to the "Super Tiger"?  Does it still exist with the
options Ian Garrard installed?

                                               Jeff