Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot (further discussion)

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot (further discussion)
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:42:56 -0500
I don't remember if I offered my opinion in the water-wetter discussion last
time or not, but I agree with Andy, I have used it on another car that was
having cooling problems, or at least would creep up to that 210+ mark, and
never noticed a single bit of improvement from the product. I wouldn't
consider it a benefit at all. Regarding comfortable temperatures, my 5.0
mustang had a 195 degree thermostat in it from the factory, and I used to run
a 180, thinking, well colder must be better, but in fact, especially with
computer cars, colder is not always better...whats best is what its tuned to
run at. I admit my carbureted car run better when they are cold, but getting
the engine to operating temperature is ideal, and for some motors, that might
be exactly 210 degrees. As designed. At the auto store you can also get 210
thermostats...for domestic v8's...stock and on the shelf....apparently that
temperature is ok by somebody's standards..

Cullen
'1452 LRO