Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?

To: MWood24020@aol.com, chris@cthompson.net, bobbridgeford@msn.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:55:33 -0700 (PDT)
I think the part that I saw that said engines like the range 210 degrees was
in a ford book (Might have been one of the engine rebuild books on SBF's) but
it showed temp vs. metal wear. Not sure if this is what your were talking
about but always interesting to see the chart.
I just found a link that has a
similar chart to the Ford one here.
http://www.carnut.com/ramblin/_cool3.html
I have had similar 230-240 temps at the track in the 65 mustang with the stock
shaped top tank fluidyne and finally am going to replace it with a full sized
side take radiator. Water wetter did help as well as getting rid of the
anti-freeze, water wetter did nothing with the antifreeze however.
Sandy