Re: [Tigers] Correct Maverick Fan?

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Correct Maverick Fan?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:30:32 -0400
Tom
        Great find.

I just want to emphasize that everyone should look at any fan for possible
use.

Many years ago I was given a 15", 6 blade fan from a full size Ford so I was
told.

The markings on this fan are; Made in Canada, FoMoCo and G-65, the blades
are steel and it has a 1" center hole.

It appears to be totally stock in that I see no machine marks and the black
paint looks original and untouched; G-65 I believe is a date code, July
1965.   I wish I had more information to pass on about this fan and its
origin.   I have yet to find another like it.

The reference books I have do not indicate anything about this fan but it is
stated that Ford switched to aluminum fan blades in 1965 to decrease the
stress on the water pump bearing.

Ron Fraser