[Tigers] Crossmember removal

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Crossmember removal
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:16:42 EDT
I've had my crossmemeber off 3 times, but each time it was either  partially
or completely disassembled....so fairly easy.  Listers have  written about
removing the whole assembly with wheels attached and being able to  roll it off.
As I look at it, it appears that it's going to be pretty difficult  with the
car on the floor to reach under and get at the 4 bolts. I guess it can  be
done, but has anyone come up with another way of getting things up in the air
just a little?  How will it balance with wheels on and maybe the rack taken
off?
And how about putting it back on?
Mark