Re: [Tigers] Windshield Washer Question

To: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Windshield Washer Question
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:56:34 -0700
Hello Stu:
For all I can remember, your write up may be where I got my idea so, if
so, thanks. Although I think that Jeff Howarth sent me an electric
switch years ago that I couldn't figure out how to use way back
then.With the pump sitting right next to the bottle like in your set up,
it looks like it should be able to pull the water out those couple of
inches of tube a lot easier than the four feet or so of it my set up has
to work with now. I'm switching it today and will report back to
headquarters with the results.

By the way, the pump I installed comes with its own bracket, so saves
having to fabricate one.It's an Anco brand 65-01. It comes with adapter
tubes, hoses and connectors too. The switch I used in the dash is almost
the perfect solution, and less work. I got it from a NAPA parts store,
PP6008. (I got the Anco pump from another independent parts store). It
is a tube shaped switch, and fits right in the indentation behind the
dash after you take the old pump assembly out. Even better, it has the
exact same threaded piece that sticks through the dash from the back,
and has the exact same knob that our stock plunger has!. The only
difference is the knob that comes with it is tan so you unscrew that and
screw on the stock black knob from the original plunger, no modification
needed, and you're done.

Steve Sage

Stu Brennan wrote:
> Hey Guys:
>
> See my article on windshield washer pumps at:
>
> http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/BrennanWasher/rt-BrennanWasher1.asp

Database version: 5.10940