Re: [Tigers] Tiger MK II sniping thoughts

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger MK II sniping thoughts
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:21:26 -0800 (PST)
I truely believe that by bidding prior to the last second and being the best
sniper- you only drive the price of the item up. Of course you have to decide
what the item is worth to you or decide Im going to own that item and bid high
enough that its yours. The dangerous part is if another sniper bids an extreme
bid- one of you is going to pay dearly for the item. Once in my life some years
back- prior to back surgeries and heart attacks I had a good job and spent a
lot of money- I refer to it as investing lots of money in Tiger parts. I wish I
had kept a record of what I paid for many becuase I know some where high BUT I
have a brand new Tiger two piece header set w/ the modified steel engine mount,
a brand new front valance, a nice set of pie mags and have resold 5 that went
on a Mk2 in Va- the car later sold to someone that may be on this list. I dont
know why I sold 5- now I dont have the 5th for a spare- OH- I did it for profit
Im sure. Ebay can be
 very addictive but Tiger parts havent gotten cheaper. Now to live long enough
that the dollar is worth more than 23 cents and my parts will be better than a
savings account. I HOPE.They also have companies tha promise to get the last
bid in- no matter when I bid- I got good at bidding on items that where below
reserve and seeing how much time it took to record my bid- so I could get a
SNIPE bid in as the last bid with no time to be outbid BUT you have to want the
part or be silly. I was both but I wanted the item.I was also lucky I never ran
across another ME. LOL and Thank the Lord!
TtT