Re: [Tigers] Tiger MK II sniping thoughts

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Bob Dixon <bobdixon@frii.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger MK II sniping thoughts
From: Gary Crandall <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:33:02 -0800 (PST)
Bob,

You need to realize that the winning bid on Ebay is really determined by the
maximum amount of the second place bid (plus the Ebay bidding margin), not the
winners maximum amount. Your maximum bid may have been $100 for an item, but
the winning bid only has to be $5 above that or whatever the Ebay bidding
margin is for that bidding range. The winner could have bid a million dollars
for that item, but you only see that his winning bid is $105. Naturally,
you're upset thinking you were so close to winning, that if you
only had another chance to bid $110, you could have won the item, but it
always comes down to who has the highest bid, regardless of when the bid is
placed. Sniping only limits the time people have to respond to a bid higher
than their present maximum bid.

Gary