Re: [Tigers] Towing a Tiger

To: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Towing a Tiger
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:45:09 -0400
Steve,
Are you going to tow occasionally or multiple times a year? Long
distance across mountain ranges or just across town? If you are only
doing one or two trips a year, you could get away with a mid-size SUV,
but if you plan on piling on miles, then a V-8 or diesel full-size
pickup or SUV is the way to go.

You must consider the minimum towing capacity of the vehicle you are
looking for, a flatbed is around 1500 lbs., the Tiger another 2500, most
V-6 SUVs/small trucks are topped out on towing capacity at 5000 lbs.,
the trailer will push a light vehicle all over the road, especially down
hill. Also consider where you plan to tow, a rig that cannot safely go
faster than 70 mph will get run over on most western interstates. One of
my racing buddies thought he was going to save money and traded his big
GMC pickup for a Honda Ridgeline, he regrets that move every time he
hitches up his trailer.

I have a first series Tundra 4WD that pulls a car hauler without
blinking, but next time I will go for a diesel truck.
Bugz