Re: [Tigers] ebay problem

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ebay problem
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 17:09:40 -0700
Michael,

One of the problems of buying "sight unseen" is you have to rely on the
lister's description.  If the eBay lister says "New", "Original", or
"Excellent" condition, and it is not as represented, you have three
paths for satisfaction.

   1. Contact the seller and ask for them for pre-paid return delivery
      (RMA), and refund for parts "not being as represented".
   2. Contact eBay for "not as represented" issue, if he is resistant,
      or unwilling.
   3. Contact "PayPal" for refund of all monies paid for not being as sold.

I just purchased an excellent "Jawbone Prime" Blue Tooth phone ear set
from a vendor who always has these types listed. In the past, the
description was 40% less than the actual retail version.  This offering
was listed as "new", "original retail package", and all original
accessories were listed as included.  I was suspicious, as other offers
from him were bulk packed and missing some of the Retail Box contents.
(A/C charger, ear buds, ear hooks, manuals)

I was prepared to do all the actions recommended above, and took
pictures of what was received.  Luckily, it came thorough as described,
so I didn't have to take the action recommended.

I do recommend that any eBay buyer read the descriptions carefully,
print copies of offerings, and ask the seller questions if  unsure
what's being sold.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman