Re: [Tigers] ebay problem

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ebay problem
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 18:05:20 -0700
>>>Try SELLING and learn something.<<<

Actually I have sold 60-80 items on Ebay. In every instance I have only
charged the - actual shipping cost.  I never charged for the box, packaging
material, my time, my gas etc..  If there were instances where the estimate
was over cost I sent that back to the buyer.  I've delivered items locally
to buyers and refunded the full shipping cost Ebay forces them to pay with
Paypal.  Why? I'd prefer to treat people the way I would like to be treated.

My post already addressed "reasonable" charges above shipping. In Michael's
case he was charged over $14 for a poorly packed item that had a $3 shipping
cost.  I don't see the justification of the additional $11.

Ebay is full of sellers that sell a $30 item for 99 cents and $28.99
shipping. And, shipping is rarely (if ever) refundable.  That rips the tax
payer off if the seller is claiming 99 cents worth of sale.  The seller is
ripping the buyer off with no practical recourse for a refund.

 I agree it does take about an hour to photograph an item, write the
description, get it on Ebay, package the item, ship etc.. To me that is just
the cost of selling on Ebay.  When I go to a CAT swapmeet I never have had a
seller say, "well including the storage time in my garage, the gas to get
here, my time at this event etc., etc, the item you want is $20 - with an $8
surcharge."

Tom