Re: [Tigers] 289 heads

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 289 heads
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:32:34 -0700
Ron,

  Off hand would you know if the 289 heads with the smaller valves came
exclusive with the 5 bolt 289? That is what a previous owner transplanted
into my Tiger.  My Tiger seems to be a hodge-podge of someone's spare parts
.  Thus, while I could have anything on that motor, curiosity has me
wondering (though I do recollect with fuzzy-ness something designating my
heads as 1966 vintage).

So, until I can remove all the stuff my wife and kids have piled on the car,
find a place to place the un-hinged hood and wrangle the not so easy to
remove aluminum "Powered By Ford" valve cover ..... .

Dave,
 My understanding was that the Ford small block heads in general never
flowed very well. It is just a guess, but unless the compression changes,
the larger ports and valves of the 289 likely make little different to
remove low and mid range torque on a 260.

Tom