Re: [Tigers] Through a hardtop,

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Through a hardtop,
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:44:56 -0500
Jim
        I know exactly what you mean.  I disassembled my hard top around
1982 and it did not go back together until just before the BIG SKY, SUNI.
Started with primer sloshed around the inner panels, then it sat, needed
sheet metal work, then it sat, needed paint, then it sat, needed assembly
but it mostly sat.
        I was going to replace the headliner with the kit from CAT but I did
not like the perforated material and stayed with the original liner.  The
new liner looked like a nightmare at the time to install; so I know your
pain. The original liner had all the folds, creases and glue lines for a
guide.  The original liner went back in fairly easily.
        I wish I had taken photos and made notes but I did not.   A friend
of mine has a hard top that needs restoration.   I will try to document that
procedure when he gets around to it.  Don't hold your breath on a completion
date.

        Anyone out there with a hard top that needs restoration; now is the
time to step up and document the full procedure from tear down to final
assembly.

Ron Fraser