Re: [Tigers] tach help

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tach help
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 21:32:17 -0800
At 03:09 PM 2/17/2010, you wrote:
>A few weeks back someone (maybe tom hall) posted a part number for a module
>that you use with the multi pulse elec igntion systems to get the tach to
>work.. i cant find it.. anyone save that?
>Regards, Michael King

Theo and I offer a PCB that replaces 100% of the electronics in the
OEM Tach and allows it to work with all known aftermarket ignitions
using their 5 volt pulse signal.  I don't know how well the MSD
works, as I've never tried one.  One of the things the MSD unit can't
do is fix the 40 year old electronics in the OEM Tach instrument.  If
your Tach works great under all conditions, the MSD adapter should
fill the bill.  If however your tach exhibits the common temperature
sensitivity and other odd assorted problems, the replacement board we
offer is a more permanent long term solution.  We also offer the
calibration service to go with the board so that when you get it
back, it reads correctly (or as accurate as the mechanical movement
allows).  Contact Theo ("Theo Smit"  <theo.smit@dynastream.com>) or I
for further information.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC