Re: [Tigers] Magnesium Wheels

To: "Steve Laifman" <slaifman@socal.rr.com>, "David Sosna"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Magnesium Wheels
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 13:15:39 -0700
I own a couple of the original LAT HSC mags built by Doanne Spencer for
Rootes in 1965.

Calling them "rotten" would understate how bad mine are. Crack testing
showed so many cracks that I won't use them to drive to the market.

As Steve suggests, they sit on a shelf & wait for someone to ask to take a
look or be hauled out for a static display at a TU.

Dave Stone had a set at Monterey a few years ago on the HSC Tiger that
someone had polished to a mirror finish. They looked great.

bt