Re: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheel Spline(s)

To: "Would U. Believe" <porsche911E@verizon.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheel Spline(s)
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 18:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
WUB -

If you look at the steering shaft from the top with the wheel and
adapter off, (on mine anyways) exist 2 splines one closer to the top, and one
below it, each is a different size. The top spline is smaller, then the one
under it is a larger diameter. The current adapter and the grant adapter
attatch to the TOP and Smaller spline not the one below it.

What I'm talking
about in the 'spline diameter' is really the diameter of the shaft at the
spline measured with a caliper, so really the outside diameter of the spline.
Did that make sense?

Sandy